- Go to open for inspections in the areas in which you are looking.
- Make friends with local agents and keep in contact.
- Use the internet to research sales.
- Make sure you allow for everything – and more.
- Include a healthy “contingency”.
- Allow for holding costs and/or vacancy factors if buying for investment.
- When selling be aware of your minimum selling price.
- Whether it is with your spouse or your business partner, you all need to agree to your strategies and have a documented plan outlining what you are hoping to achieve.