“Open House Inspections”
Looking for the right home can be an adventure but it’s important not to be seduced by glossy surfaces.
Following are some valuable tips for inspecting properties:
- Take The Right Tools
- Pocket-sized mag light.
- Note pad and pen
- Comfortable clothes (be prepared to get down and dirty).
- Have the Right Mindset
- Be prepared and be inquisitive. An inspection is exactly that, you’re not a guest. Don’t be afraid to inspect anything that seems damaged or in disrepair.
- Don’t overlook the obvious. Why is furniture positioned where it is? Is there anything being hidden?
- Spend time in the property to really take its measure.
- Ask the Essentials
- Ask for a copy of the contract
- Why are they selling?
- If you’re seriously interested, arrange another private viewing so that you can review anything you might have overlooked.