Home security can be addressed in a number of ways, one of which is by using the downloadable “Householder’s Security Checklist” at the bottom of this blog to review your current security arrangements. This checklist provides a ‘do- it-yourself’ approach to the assessment.
Some simple steps to protecting your property are:
- Keep doors and windows closed and locked, even when at home
- Utilise finger guards around locks on screen doors
- Secure the upper level of your property as you would the lower level
- Record serial numbers and engrave or microdot your property
- Hang keys away from doors; do not leave them in locks
Click here for the Householder’s Security checklist.
Provided by the Oxley Crime Prevention Unit.