But if you’re selling, don’t be disheartened – you can still obtain a great price for your home by following a few simple guidelines.
When buying and selling in a rising market you are often under pressure to make hasty decisions as any delay can see prices rise while making those decisions. But when buying and selling in a soft market you generally have more time to make more informed decisions and this can give you a competitive advantage.
While your sale price naturally won’t be as high as a boom market, neither will your buying price. So if you’re planning on buying another property, everything evens out.
Tips for getting a great price in a soft market include:
- Select your selling agent carefully. Look for someone that you feel comfortable with and with whom you can conduct honest, open discussions.
- Don’t chose your agent based solely on commission.
- Make sure your home is tidy and all unfinished projects are completed. Don’t ever give a future buyer any reason to quibble and take away any opportunities for a buyer to discount your home.
- Research the market and set yourself a realistic sale price.
- Quality marketing plans can improve your sale price.
If you are considering selling and want the best possible price, please contact us or go to http://propertysalesbrisbane.com/our-book/ and get a FREE copy of our book “How to Sell Your Home For a Dream Price in record time!”