With only a few weeks left until the warmer weather arrives, pool owners will soon start stripping off covers and diving in! While summer officially starts in December warm spring weather in most areas could mean we start using the pool very soon.
Before doing so, pool owners should ensure their pool is safe to swim in, in order to protect their family’s health and safety and reduce environmental and financial impacts. Adopting a simple summer pool care plan will result in a safe environment, sparkling clear water, reduced evaporation and a saving of money.
Here are some steps to help you get started safely:
- Check all pool fencing and self-latching gates.
- Clean around the pool area and remove debris and leaves.
- Remove the pool cover, being careful not to allow debris and water cover entering the pool.
- Check water level. The pool should be filled to midway into the skimmer system.
- Check your pump, skimmer basket and filter. Start circulation system and remove debris.
- Take a water sample to a professional for analysis