Beat the Summer Heat
A passive solar plan can keep your home cooler and save you money when it comes to our hot summer months. Air conditioners are just about at the top of the pile when it comes to costs associated with cooling your home.
Here are some ideas to help you beat the summer heat:
- Solar control glass, double glazing or window tinting is an ideal solution.
- Light and breezy cross ventilation will keep the home cool, clearing out stale air.
- Ventilation plays an important part. Double brick always keeps your home cool due to the density of the exterior walls.
- Draw curtains and blinds early in the day.
- Ceiling fans are effective in circulation of air.