Leading agents believe every property can be improved and every owner should try to obtain maximum sale prices. Adding value to property isn’t necessarily that difficult. It takes planning and vision and, of course, sticking to a budget!
Five fast ways to add value are:
- Add a bedroom: preferably under the same roofline, convert a garage or dining area. Valuers generally begin their assessment of property by looking at comparable sales in line with the number of bedrooms. Immediately you can boost your property to a higher value bracket.
- First Impressions: improve the front yard and facade of the home to offer “street appeal”.
- Add a bathroom: this is particularly important if you go from 3 to 4 bedrooms and can often be achieved by converting an existing laundry.
- Use similar features and finishes to those in a more expensive property.
- Add a WOW factor: incorporate finishes or factors that people remember. Perhaps a double sized shower, French doors or an outstanding entertaining area.
If you are thinking of buying or selling please contact us for a FREE copy of our book “How to sell your home for a dream price in record time” for all the tips you need.